- FluidFlow3 performs both steady-state and dynamic simulations of piping systems transporting liquids, gases, two-phase fluids, settling and non-settling slurries.
- The program features a logical and user-friendly interface allowing engineers to rapidly model systems early on in the design process, develop a clear understanding of system performance, and identify clear improvement objectives.
- FluidFlow3 simplifies the process of sizing pipes, pumps, valves, relief valves and other piping components. The software is issued with a comprehensive database of pipes and fittings and includes heat transfer functionality, all as standard. Users can also expand the database by adding new fluids & equipment as and when required.
- FluidFlow3 is used worldwide across a diverse range of industries (for example, Pharmaceutical) by piping and process engineers to design, develop and optimise new and existing piping systems. The program has enabled design teams reduce capital plant installation costs, reduce system energy requirements, carbon emissions and ultimately, lower annual operating costs. Plant maintenance overheads have also been contained.
- FluidFlow3 uses the very latest calculation techniques and as it is a modular program, you simply select the calculation modules relevant to your applications and start modelling.
- Contact a member of the FluidFlow3 team today to discuss your piping system design requirements.
- FluidFlow3 is supported by an experienced team of Chartered Engineers. Training Courses are also available and are tailored to customer requirements.
- Energy Efficient
By using FluidFlow3 you can achieve these goals, as well as construct an audit trail of your design activity. We are:
- The first and only product to calculate compressible, incompressible, two-phase liquid-gas, non-Newtonian and settling slurry flow.
- The only pressure drop or pipe flow software to include heat transfer as standard.
- The first pipe flow software to have a 2-way link up with Excel.
- Design or optimize ANY flow system. Extensive databases and ability to add your own data quickly.
- Unique interactive flowsheet - on the fly adaptation that enables you to view changes in realtime. Communicate your designs on one page.
- Dynamic analysis enables you to look at what-if scenarios, as opposed to a snapshot in a system. Tell us about your dynamic analysis needs and we will provide a solution.
- Ability to handle large network calculations fast, accurately, and reliably.
- Regular improvements to the software by same core team of experts committed to high quality standards (ISO 9001 certified). We are committed to bring our end users the best possible solution.
- Over 1050 pre-defined fluids in the database included as standard and the ability to add your own in minutes.
- This product is unique and class leading, please take the demo and see for yourself.
- Select equipment and fluids from extensive databases.
- Comprehensive flowsheet tools including cut & paste, panning, multi-select, undo, etc.
- Automatically size pipes and equipment.
- Centralize project databases across global project teams.
- Generate reports for peer review in Excel, PDF or Word format.
- Create a template library to provide consistency across projects.
- Import data from other engineering software.
- Customise flowsheet to visually communicate key results and design information.
- Color code pipe components and text to clearly convey meaning.
- Use isometric mode to visualise the flowsheet is a psuedo 3-dimensional view, or use 2-D orthogonal mode.
- Use FluidFlow3 throughout the entire project life cycle.
- Develop a base design for feasibility purposes, then add further design complexity to the model as the project progresses.
- Optimise pipe insulation thickness to achieve most economical result.
- Investigate different plant control philosophies.
- Determine equipment operating cycles, including stop/starts, run times, valve openings, etc.
- Investigate consequences of plant disturbances due to abnormal operating conditions.
- Use FluidFlow3 across multiple countries with our Global License.
- Ensure consistency of design across project offices by connecting to common data.
- Harmonise design changes across the project team.
- Automatically size relief valve and bursting disks to ISO and API standards.
- FluidFlow3 will propose the most economical pipe size based on physical property data, capital equipment cost and energy costs.
- Avoid oversizing equipment by accurately determining performance characteristics of the system.
- Size key equipment items with confidence from early stage data.
- Produce bill of materials for your piping system.
- Determine Best-Efficiency-Point operation for pump systems.
- Eliminate energy wastage by correctly selecting insulation thickness.
- Over 120 design hints and warnings indicating possible design errors.
- Communicate design effectively for peer review.
- Used and verified against plant data on a wide variety of applications.
- Verified against technical papers and engineering text books.
FluidFlow3 is a powerful and versatile tool for the design and analysis of fluid piping systems. The modular nature of the software means you can design liquid, gas, slurry and two-phase systems all from within the same environment – be it fire suppression systems, a tailings pipeline from a mineral processing plant or a vapour collection system.
FluidFlow3 has the flexibility to meet your diverse needs. Click below to access more information on the available modules:
Getting Started with FluidFlow3
The first video in our 'Getting Started' Series. Provides a brief introduction to the software and tips for planning your model layout. 02 - Graphical User Interface
Video 2 takes a look at the intuitive Graphical User Interface in FluidFlow3, which facilitates faster model building, troubleshooting and technical analysis.
What's New in FluidFlow3
FluidFlow3 has added the 4-Layer model and the Liu Dezhong method to our Slurry module. Auto-Sizing Safety Relief Valves & Bursting Disks
This video demonstrates how you can use the auto-size function to determine the orifice size for a relief valve in a hydrocarbon gas system.
Same pump, same flow, different fluids
This example is designed to show that a pump operating in any system will always deliver the same head (m Fluid), irrespective of the fluid pumped.
Heat transfer and mixing in a recycle line
This network contains a pumped recycle loop with a second fluid (acetone at a higher temperature) which is added in the recycle line.
Steam distribution through a branched network
This example shows how steam flow is distributed through 4 laterals each containing a different resistance.
Fan operating performance
In this example we consider the performance of a fan at different suction pressures.
Larger cooling water system
This example has 790 pipes and 733 nodes and represents the model of a cooling water system made before a plant expansion was made.
- FluidFlow3 v3.30
- This is a significant upgrade that includes 2 new settling slurry calculation methods, flowsheet improvements (including drag-connect), inclusion of templates and additional results and charts.
- New for this release is the concept of automatic equipment sizing. Safety Relief Valves and Bursting Disks can be sized to either API or ISO standards for liquids, gases, steam and two-phase mixtures.
- Click here to download v3.30
- More News
- Contact our technical engineering consultancy today to model your new or existing piping systems.
- Click here to view a sample project case study.
- We pride ourselves in developing energy efficient solutions and delivering technical excellence on all projects, no matter where in the world they are located.
- Click here for further information.